Monday 9 May 2011

Product: Motorola Xoom

Design: 4 / 5
Sound Quality: NA / 5
Build Quality: 4 / 5
Operating System: 3 / 5
Available Software: 2 / 5
Battery: 5 / 5
MSRP: $599.99 (CAD)
Overall: 2 / 5

The toys you can get your grubby hands on when you know people that know people that know other people that know the right people that can introduce the appropriate people. And when all of those people happen to have exactly the same toy you want? Priceless. =)~



I think that if I had played with this Android powered device BEFORE I played with the Playbook, I'd probably enjoy it a bit more. Unfortunately The Playbook's UI is infinitely more user friendly and more intuitive. You simply waste too much time trying to get everywhere and out of everywhere. Oh, and then there's the power button, which is BEHIND the machine; while the inconvenience isn't insurmountable, it's an inconvenience nonetheless. For me however, it's about efficiency, and all this is just a little too counterproductive.

When it comes to the apps, Xoom has the benefit of the entire Android catalogue at its disposal. Unfortunately, the ones that I played with (including Angry Birds), doesn't seem optimised for a tablet. On top of that, at 10", the device is significantly larger than the Playbook, which is great if you're using it on a table or at home, but mobility is the point isn't it?

Again, I can see the potential for this device too....But for my money, I gotta go with the device that's more intuitive, more efficient, and more mobile.

~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...