Friday 18 February 2011

Movie: You Again

Rating: F

Given that it was Valentine's Day, I allowed myself to be persuaded to rent this torture-by-chick-flick, bland, overly convoluted, tedious slapstick of a movie. In every genre, there are good movies and bad movies and this vapid, inane, and quite honestly, I could go on. I mean, how do you get a movie with Betty White wrong? I didn't think it was possible!




Every joke is cliched slapstick. Every vindictive plan is a snooze-fest. Every scene is predictable and ends with an, everybody's sorry, everybody's forgiven, we're all now one big happy family ending with a nice red bow tied to it. 

And while I'd like to say that stalwarts like Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver salvaged this train wreck, I can't. There just doesn't seem to be a single genuine emotion coming out of this movie. And in all of this saccharine filled mess, I have to feel sorry for Victor Garber, who plays the patriarch of the dysfunctional portrait of a 'perfect' family and has to live thru this whole ordeal.

~Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...