Monday 23 July 2012

Restaurant: Nan's Thai Fine Dining

I don't get to try very many restaurants when I'm away for work because I'm generally on my own. Once in a while however, my running around does allow me to try some different restaurants, so I'm especially appreciative when they stand out. And man, did this place stand out, and apparently not only to me. According to the plaque on the wall, it also received AAA's 4 diamond award.

Ambiance: 4 / 5
Cleanliness: 5 / 5
Service: 5 / 5
Taste: 4.5 / 5
Presentation: 4.5 / 5
Price: $$$
Overall: 4.5 / 5

Nan's REALLY has designed this place designed exceptionally well; even the washrooms. Sorry, the washrooms in particular. I seriously wanted to bring my camera into the washroom to take a few shots, but uhmm....I don't think the other patrons would take so kindly to that. HAHA. But the washrooms were not only absolutely pristine, you felt like you were walking into a spa.


The first dish that arrived was Nan's Tasting Tree, which consists of a small sampling of a few of Nan's sumptuous appetisers. I was unfortunately, still admiring the design of the washroom while washing my hands when it came, so I can't really tell you what everything is. They were all good, but those two little pink swirly things at the bottom of the photo? They were simply AMAZING. Perfect balance of flavours with a nice kick from the hot pepper on top.


My selected entree isn't on their menu, but a special of the day. It was a steamed Chilean Sea Bass over some Bok Choy & mushrooms in a soy sauce. The sea bass was cooked perfectly, but honestly, the soy sauce was a bit much for my liking, even after I mixed in the ginger, green onion and pepper. But delicious nevertheless.

Below is just a quick photo of what my friend ordered. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to want to share, so I didn't get a chance to taste it. HAHA. She did say it was droolworthy tho. =)~


If you do get a chance to go to Atlanta, I'd highly recommend this place. Servers were all Thai and extremely hospitable. Thai hospitality + Southern hospitality = AMAZING hospitality. hahaha =)~


Nan's Thai Fine Dining
1350 Spring St. NW.
Atlanta, GA
404-870-9933

~Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Haha! One of the essential things a restaurant should invest in is its washrooms. Aside from having a sumptuous menu, part of how happy customers would leave a restaurant, apart from their product quality and customer service, is how clean and how relaxing their washrooms are. :)

    Danny Riddell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...