Wednesday 6 April 2011

Movie: 127 Hours (2010)

Rating: B+

When you only have 1 actor for the bulk of a movie that runs 93min long, you better cross your fingers, beg and pray that he can act and carry your vision. I would never have guessed that James Franco would be the one to pull it off.



I think I would have enjoyed the movie a little bit better if Kate Mara had a bigger role. Haha. Personal preference. Despite this, I was floored by Franco's performance. What a difference from the spoiled rich brat he played in the Spiderman series! I can't quite decide if I want to take Franco seriously as an actor yet, but this film certainly doesn't hurt.

This is a based on true events movie about a guy whose arm is trapped under a boulder for 127 hours. Don't expect a whole lot to happen in these 93 minutes. Instead, you're watching Franco's performance as he deteriorates and becomes more and more desperate. And does the job quite well.

~Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. i had to watch this film on high speed fast forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @garbo ....I think part of the reason was because you watched the movie on the plane. It's not a fast paced movie definitely. You watch King's Speech yet? =)~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...